Protocol analyzers for TDM, IP and wireless networks
GAITHERSBURG, Md., July 13. 28, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — GL Communications Inc., a global leader in telecommunications test and measurement solutions, spoke to the press regarding its Protocol analyzers which offers centralized monitoring and testing technologies for TDM, IP and wireless networks.
[For illustration refer to, https://www.gl.com/images/mlppp-pda-web-call-graph.gif].
GL’s protocol analyzers perform non-intrusive monitoring by exploiting the network under test. GL can also provide network listening equipment, whether for T1 E1 lines, Ethernet, OC-3 or OC-12, etc. GL offers the widest range of protocol analyzers for TDM, wireless, optical and packet networks. Based on a uniform architecture with identical features and functions, they can be used for a wide variety of tasks,” said Vijay Kulkarni, CEO of GL Communications.
- Create Call Detail Records (CDRs) and calculate captured call statistics such as failed calls, successful calls, abandoned calls, etc.
- Save calls to disk for troubleshooting purposes
- Capture traffic in the field and save it for later offline analysis
- Centralized monitoring of multiple protocol analyzers. Each protocol analyzer sends data such as CDRs to a central database. The database is accessible through a convenient web-based dashboard. (See Advanced GL Traffic Collection and Processing)
- Extensive filtering capability to handle large packet captures and protocol traces. Periodically log traffic based on file size, number of frames, or time criteria
- Monitor physical layer alarms to troubleshoot signaling issues
- T1/E1/T3/E3 physical layer protocol analyzers allow SNMP DS-1 DS-3 standard MIB traps to be sent to SNMP management applications
PacketScan™ – All GL IP protocol analyzers support monitoring of 5G, 4G IMS, 3G and 2G protocols such as GSM, GPRS, UMTS, SIGTRAN, LTE and Diameter, in addition to IP protocols such as SIP, MGCP , MEGACO, Skinny, and H.323. It can monitor calls from a central location with powerful and customizable reporting tools.
Packet Data Analysis (PDA) is an application included with GL’s packet analyzers. It allows users to monitor live IP networks including capturing, analyzing and reporting on every call detail. Supported protocols include SIP, MEGACO, MGCP, H.323, SCCP, RANAP (UMTS IuCS) and GSM A.
The PDA can capture IP packets and frames over different transmission lines, including IP, T1, E1, T3, E3 and OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4. The PDA then processes the captured packets, identifies and separates calls based on signaling and traffic parameters.
About GL Communications Inc.,
GL Communications is a global provider of telecommunications test and measurement solutions. GL’s solutions are used to verify the quality and reliability of wireless (5G, 4G, 3G, 2G), SONET/SDH, Ethernet/IP, TDM and PSTN networks.
Vikram Kulkarni, PhD
Call: 301-670-4784 x114
E-mail: [email protected]