Governor Hochul Announces New COVID-19 Data Center Website to Expand Public Access, Centralize Information, and Improve User Experience
The new website marks the creation of a single landing page for COVID-19 dashboards that is easy to access, rather than having to navigate different dashboards on different platforms. The new data home page links to 16 key data pages organized into five main categories. Additionally, the Department of Health has revamped several dashboards that were created at the start of the pandemic to provide information in a way that is easier to understand and more relevant to current needs.
DASHBOARD UPDATE SUMMARY
On the new COVID-19 test dashboard:
- The cumulative case map has been replaced with two new options – Cases per 100,000, 7-day average, and% positive, 7-day average. This scales the information appropriately and makes it easier to compare counties. The county cumulative tested number has been moved and can now be found by clicking on a specific county for more details. Other information has been rearranged to place recent data before cumulative data, and the labels have been edited slightly for clarity.
- The “table view” information is now available on the map and the “Positive tests over time, by region and department” page. Although the county cumulative positivity rate has been removed, it can still be obtained by calculating the tested cumulative positive / cumulative, which is available in the map view.
- The âDaily Trendsâ graph is now available in the âPositive Tests Over Time, By Region and By Countyâ dashboard. In addition, the “Percentage of positive results by county” dashboard and the “Percentage of positive results by region” dashboard have been combined into a single dashboard displaying this information at regional and county level. Deaths previously linked via the button at the bottom right of the COVID-19 dashboard are now listed on their own page.
- On the Fatalities page, the same data that was previously available is now spread across the page for better readability. In addition, PDF files on deaths in nursing homes and adult care facilities have now been consolidated under the long-term care deaths section.
The COVID-19 early warning monitoring dashboard has been removed as it was designed to support regional reopening measures that are no longer relevant. Cases per 100,000 are available on the COVID-19 Testing Dashboard, and detailed hospitalization information is now available on Health Data NY.
SUMMARY OF DATA SET UPDATES
In addition to dashboards, additional data sets are now available on Health Data NY, a public database that allows users to access health information in several downloadable formats such as Excel. Health Data NY now includes additional self-reported data from the COVID-19 report card, data on deaths in nursing homes and adult care facilities, and hospital admissions by gender and zip code, as well. as hospital capacity and staff vaccination numbers.
Full list of additions to Health Data NY:
- Schools: The four datasets include the number of positive students, teachers and staff reported daily by each school and the number of screening and diagnostic tests performed at each school.
- BOCES data from New York State School’s COVID-19 Report Card; 2021-2022
- New York State School COVID-19 Report Card Private School Data; 2021-2022
- New York State School COVID-19 Report Card Charter School Data; 2021-2022
- New York State School COVID-19 Report Card Public School Data; 2021-2022
- Nursing Homes / ACF: Cumulative number of confirmed COVID-19 and suspected COVID-19 deaths in nursing homes, plus number of confirmed out-of-facility deaths available – same as nursing home PDF nurses who are available on the public site
- New York State COVID-19 Nursing Home and Adult Care Deaths Statewide.
- Vaccine completion: cumulative daily number of first vaccine doses and vaccine series completion available by county
- New York State COVID-19 Vaccination Data by County
- Hospital Electronic Response Data System (HERDS) Hospital Survey COVID-19 Admissions by Gender – Statewide by Day
- Hospital Electronic Response Data System (HERDS) Hospital Survey COVID-19 Admissions by Postal Code – Statewide by Day
- Hospital Electronic Response Data System (HERDS) Hospital investigation COVID-19 Hospitalizations and beds – Daily by establishment since 03/26/2020:
- Patients currently hospitalized, newly admitted, post-admission positive, discharged, currently in intensive care, intensive care and intubated, expired, cumulative discharges, cumulative deaths
- Total number of staffed beds / available beds / occupied beds, total number of staffed intensive care beds / available beds / occupied beds
- Total number of new admissions reported and current admissions by age group
- Vaccinated hospital staff – total number of employees, number partially and fully vaccinated