Elon University / Today in Elon / Campus Safety and Services During Fall Break
Vice President for Student Life Jon Dooley shared information Monday, Oct. 10, about campus operations and safety during the fall vacation, which extends from the end of evening classes on Wednesday, Oct. 12 October to Sunday October 16.
Fall vacation for undergraduates and some graduate programs begins Wednesday, October 12 after evening classes and ends at 8 a.m. Monday, October 17.
As a reminder, during this time, Campus Safety & Police will operate as normal, 24 hours a day, and can be reached at 336-278-5555. They can also help to connect with student life staff serving in on-call roles during the break. The on-call crisis counselor also remains available 24/7 by calling 336-278-2222. SAFEline is also always available at 336-278-3333 for confidential support in cases of identity bias, sexual violence or interpersonal violence – they can also be a confidential resource to access custody responders in case of violence. And, of course, TimelyCare’s free virtual medical and mental health service is available 24/7, throughout the break, from anywhere in the United States.
Below are the hours of operation for Student Services during the break. Please note that the University offices will be closed on Friday, October 14 for a day off.
- Asymptomatic testing is available at Oaks, McCoy Commons, Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Asymptomatic testing will be closed on Friday, October 14.
- Visit the Campus Health Status and Alerts website for other COVID-19 testing options.
- The Belk Library will be open during the fall holidays: Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Regular hours resume Sunday at 10 a.m.
- Visit the Belk Library website for information on library hours for Phoenix cardholders and community members.
On-campus recreation and wellness
- Leisure and wellness facilities will remain open during the autumn holidays with modified hours. The outdoor fitness court will also be available during the autumn holidays.
- Visit the Campus Recreation and Wellness website for detailed information on facilities and programs.
- Open by appointment during regular hours on Thursday, October 13, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Closed on Friday October 14.
- The on-call crisis counselor also remains available 24/7 by calling 336-278-2222. If a student is experiencing a psychological emergency that is life-threatening or involves imminent danger (risk of injury to themselves or others at any time), dial 9-1-1 for immediate assistance.
- TimelyCare’s free virtual medical and mental health service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, throughout the break, from anywhere in the United States.
Elon dining room
- All restaurants will have modified hours for the fall break, with McEwen serving as the main dining room from Thursday, October 13 through Sunday, October 16. Several points of sale are also open during the break. A list of adjusted locations and hours for fall vacation is available online here.
- Visit the Elon Dining website menu page for the latest information on restaurant hours and menus.
- The Moseley Center will be open during the autumn holidays, at the following times:
- Wednesday, October 12, 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Thursday, October 13, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, October 14, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, October 15, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday, October 16, 11 a.m. – Midnight
- Visit the Moseley Center website for more information on adjusted hours of operation.
- Mail services will be closed from Friday October 14 to Sunday October 16.
- Visit the courier services website for updated hours and operations.
- University residences do not close during the autumn holidays.
- Neighborhood Offices and the Central Residence Life Office remain open during break time during regular weekday hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., except Friday, October 14, when the University offices are closed.
Student Health Services
Transportation and Elon Express
- Transport and Elon Express will continue to provide services on a reduced schedule.
- Thursday, October 13 through Saturday, October 15: The Haggard Avenue route will offer a bus every 30 minutes from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 13 through Saturday, October 15: University Drive Line and Danieley Tram will not operate.
- All transportation services resume regular schedules at 7 a.m. on Sunday, October 17.
- Visit the Elon University Transportation website for the latest news, updates, after-hours resources, and real-time route tracking.
Best wishes for a safe and relaxing break.
Dr. Jon Dooley
Vice President of Student Life