Customer experience statistics to know in 2022
Today’s customers have high expectations of brands and want a positive experience throughout the buying process. These exceptional experiences are essential to the success of your business, because satisfied customers are more likely to become loyal customers and loyal customers generate more revenue.
Customer experience (CX) refers to any aspect of a business that affects a customer’s perception of the brand. It focuses on a company’s relationship with its customers and customers, regardless of how large or small the interaction.
Businesses need to realize the value that every experience brings to their customers in today’s hyper-competitive environment, whether it’s a conversation with a customer service representative, exposure to advertising or even the efficiency of the payment process.
Customers’ opinion of a business is crucial because it influences the behaviors and feelings that drive customer loyalty. Customers who enjoy doing business with you and who refer others to you will do so again.
On the other hand, if a consumer or customer has a bad experience with your business, it will have a long-term negative influence on your business. Therefore, it is essential to do everything possible to smooth things over with your consumers in order to show them empathy and engagement.
You need to understand your customers in order to provide an amazing customer experience. This involves identifying their preferences, needs and pain points.
Companies that fully understand these expectations and proactively execute them throughout the customer journey will be the most successful.
Now that we’ve established the importance of customer experience, consider the following customer experience statistics, which demonstrate the effectiveness of excellent customer service and how every business transaction affects your business and customer satisfaction.
Customer experience increases return on investment
- Companies that succeed in customer experience grow revenue 4% to 8% faster than their competitors.
- After a bad customer experience, 89% of customers switched to a competitor.
- Customers with a positive experience spend 140% more than those with a negative experience.
- Brands that provide a positive customer experience generate 5.7 times more revenue than those that don’t.
- Customer experience is a major driver of customer loyalty and retention, according to nearly 89% of companies.
The mobile experience matters
- Mobile customer experience is a priority for 84% of companies that say they are customer-centric.
- Mobile devices account for up to 70% of all web traffic.
- 90% of millennials and 78% of the general public choose smartphones for customer support interactions.
- Customers shop on their phone 76% of the time to save time, but only 12% say it’s the most convenient experience.
- Mobile customer experience is important to 84% of CIOs.
- When businesses provide a personalized experience, 80% of customers are more likely to buy.
- Personalization based on previous encounters is important to 59% of customers to keep their business.
- When their shopping experience is impersonal, 71% of customers are frustrated.
- Consumers will abandon brands that use poor personalization methods by 63%.
- 80% of frequent customers say they only buy from companies that tailor their shopping experience.
- 90% of consumers want their support questions answered “immediately” (10 minutes or less).
- While 89% of customers want to communicate with businesses via SMS, only 48% of businesses are able to do so.
- Customers use at least three different modes of communication, according to 66% of them.
- Customers prefer personal interaction 60% of the time.
- Speed, convenience, knowledgeable support and polite service are considered essential for a positive customer experience by 80% of Americans.
Customer Experience Trends
- AI and machine learning are expected to automate 40% of all customer interactions by 2023.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) is expected to drive 95% of customer experience by 2025.
- By 2030, personal technology will be the primary means of delivering user experiences.
- By 2023, global investment in marketing automation software is expected to reach $25 billion.
- In 2022, an estimated $641 billion will be spent on customer experience technologies.
Whether you’re implementing artificial intelligence technologies to improve customer experience or focusing on improving the efficiency of your customer service team, organizations that put customer experience first will stand out. and gain loyal consumers.
All sources of statistics are listed here.