Configure Safari on Mac to display the full website address in the URL bar
Here’s how you can configure Safari for Mac OS X to show the full website address in the URL bar (Smart Search Box) at all times.
You can easily configure Safari to show the full website address in the URL bar
Safari for Mac OS X is an extremely powerful web browser when it comes to security and speed, but there are some things out-of-the-box that some users, including me, don’t seem to like. For example, Safari only displays part of the URL in the address bar rather than all of it. If you find this “feature” annoying, you can configure Safari to show the full URL in the address bar by tapping a simple option. In today’s guide, we’re going to show you how to do just that, so jump right in!
1. As obvious as it may sound, launch the Safari web browser on your Mac.
2. in the menu bar, click on the entry titled “Safari”. It’s right next to the “Apple” logo at the top left.
3. Now click on “Preferences”.
4. A new window will now open with tabs at the top. Click on the “Advanced” tab.
5. See the option called “Show full website address” at the top? Just click to “verify” it. Close the Preferences window when you have made the change.
From there, you’ll notice Safari now displays the full website address in the URL bar at the top. You no longer need to click on the URL itself to view the full address of the website you are visiting.
We’re sure Apple has hidden the full URL in the address bar to make Safari look a lot cleaner. Although we agree with their decision, a little, but a full URL gives the user a better sense of navigation, giving clues as to where they are on a certain page or website. .
As we mentioned earlier, Safari is a powerful browser on Mac and beats the competition in many ways. But, there are some things in Apple’s offering that don’t seem to make much sense, while others are a godsend. And with each version of OS X, the browser just keeps getting better, with a long way to go before it becomes the go-to place for all Mac users.
Did you find the above guide helpful? So be sure to share your thoughts on this with us in the comments section below.